To make these muffins you will need:
2 oz cream cheese
1 TBSP pure maple syrup
1 large egg, ;lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 dash sea salt
2 TBSP raw pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Prepare nine muffin cups with muffin tin liners
3. Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.
4. Combine egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl; mix well and set aside
5. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
6. Add almond flour mixture to the egg mixture; mix until blended
7. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling less than 1/2 full
8. Spoon about 1 heaping tsp of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Evenly fill the muffin cups 3/4 full with the remaining batter.
9.Sprinkle muffins equally with raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
10. Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
Store in a air tight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition info (per serving) Calories - 161, Total fat - 13g, Saturated fat - 2g, cholesterol - 28mg, carbohydrates - 8g, Fiber - 3g, Protein - 6g