- I love how quick, simple and tasty these Nutty Energy Bars are! Quickly whip up your own batch of these bars to satisfy your hunger or your worst sweets craving. If you have tried a Lara Bar before, then you will love these. I think they taste just like their cookie dough bars (YUM!).
Here is how it's done:
First you will need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 cups raw cashews
- 1/4-1/2 tsp grain sea salt or kosher salt (I used 1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup tightly packed pitted dates
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1. Soak dates in a bowl of water for about 30-60 minutes before beginning. Drain well and pat dry.
2. Put cashews and salt into a your processor and pulse the until the cashews are about pea sized.
3. Add in the pitted, soaked dates and process until the mixture blends together. The mixture should stick together easily when squeezed. If it doesn't stick or is too crumbly, add 1 tsp of water at a time and pulse again.
4. Add the vanilla and process until combined
5. Pulse in the chocolate chips!
Your mixture will look something like this: