Makes 38 mini or 19 standard "muffins"
2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
1 1/2 cups yellow squash, diced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1 small onion chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheese (your choice!)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 Tablespoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Mix all ingredients, except for the eggs.
2. Beat eggs lightly and then add to the veggie mixture. Combine thoroughly, so all ingredients are moistened and evenly distributed.
3. Grease your muffin tin generously with oil or non-stick spray.
4.Spoon quinoa mixture into muffin tin. I used my cookie dough scoop and one scoop was perfect to fill the mini cups to just under the rim. (I used two scoops for the standard muffin tin.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (minis). (For standard muffin tins bake 20 minutes
6. Allow frittatas to cool at least five minutes in the muffin tin, then remove to a cooling rack. You can serve these warm or cold, in a salad or a pita, on a bagel
or an English muffin, as an appetizer, a side dish or a quick snack. They're incredibly versatile and whether you need breakfast-on-the-go or something for lunch, you'll find them to be a satisfying, nutrition-packed and delicious option! Enjoy!
***Recipe modified from "Busy-At-Home"***