Lately is has been cold where I live, so my son and I have been baking up a storm, making all sorts of tasty treats to keep or freeze and store for use later. The whole family loves these chocolate grahams and they are such a yummy and easy treat when on the go. We chose to use a small cookie cutter and cut the chocolate grahams into fun shapes, but if time is of the essence I like to roll out the dough and cut them into rectangles (like a graham cracker) with a pizza cutter. The grahams will last about a week in a sealed container (that is if you don't eat them all before then), or 3 months in an air tight container or freezer bag in the freezer.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup spelt flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda1/4 cup butter, chilled & cubed
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor or mixer combine the first 7 ingredients.
3. Add butter and coconut oil to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
4. Add honey and water and continue to mix until
it all combines.
5. Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of parchment paper.
6. Roll dough out until it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut into crackers or shapes with cookie cutters.
7. Place cookies on a Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
8. Cool and serve.
**Recipe adapted from Weelicous.com**