Step One: Get a brown paper bag.These can be found at your local grocer, I grabbed these generic flat-bottomed brown paper lunch bag from Walmart.
Step 2: Bag your popcornAdd a 1/3-1/2 cup scoop of bulk popcorn kernels to your brown paper bag. Fold the edge of the bag over twice. Don’t use staples to secure the bag!
Step Three: Pop your popcorn in the microwave
Place the popcorn bag into your microwave and set it on high for 3 - 3 1/2 minutes, or until kernels have 2-3 seconds between pops.
Step Four: Add gourmet toppings
A pinch of sea salt with a dollop of butter is the most popular way to eat popcorn, but here are some other fin ways to spice things up:
- Mexican: Add chili powder, hot sauce, and salt.
- Rosemary and Thyme: Shake in ground rosemary and thyme, toss with a few tsp of melted olive oil
- Kiss My Breath: Shake in onion powder and garlic powder — hold the kiss.
- Cheese Please: Mix in Parmesan cheese with a little sea salt.
- Sweet Tooth: A dash of cinnamon and a topper of honey.
- Classic twist: A shake of sea salt with a few tsp of melted coconut oil.