These are easy on little tummies since there is no wheat flour, refined sugar, or oil in these blender muffins. High-fiber, old-fashioned oats take the place of flour (choose gluten free-oats to make these muffins gluten-free). Greek yogurt makes them rich and moist, honey and fresh fruit make them naturally sweet. Add walnuts to provide texture and healthy omega-3s.
This recipe makes 12 muffins and can be enjoyed throughout the week! What an awesome breakfast to wake up to each morning. This recipe freezes well too!
Total Time: 40 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 muffin each
Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
1 cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. raw honey
2 large very ripe bananas, cut into chunks
2 large eggs
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
⅔ cup chopped raw walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with spray.
3. Place yogurt, honey, bananas, eggs, extract, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth, scraping once or twice, as needed.
4. Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
5. Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
6. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Photos by Amanda Meixner and Dani Paris